(CA ARTISTS) The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) Grants Program—Provides grants up to $15,000 to individual artists in California for the acquisition of arts equipment and materials or towards presentation and marketing of their creative work. The Investing in Artists grants program is designed to enhance the working lives and creative environment for California artists by funding tools and market strategies that will allow them to create their best work more consistently, and distribute that work more broadly to new audiences.
Investing in Artists provides grants in two funding categories:
1) Grants for Artistic Equipment and Tools, and 2) Grants for Presenting and Marketing Work. Through a competitive application process conducted over three initial rounds of funding, a combination of planning grants up to $5,000 each, and implementation grants up to $15,000 each, have been awarded to California artists over a 14-month period. Next deadline is May 3, 2011. Email: [email protected], website: www.cciarts.org(ALL) Claire Short Ireland Residency—Created by the generosity of donors Emer Dooley and Rob Short, the Claire Short Ireland Residency provides a one-month stay in West Cork, Ireland plus a $5,000 award to one Fellowship semi-finalist. http://artisttrust.org/index.
FYI: THIS IS FOR WASHINGTON STATE RESIDENTS ONLY. Not much info on this one and it is not clear in the ad whether or not it is only for WA state artists. The only contact info I got was the following so I suggest you write to the person below: Miguel Guillen, Program Manager, [email protected], 206.467.8734 x11, 1.866.21.TRUST (toll free)
(ARTISTS & PERFORMERS) Looking for Artists/Performers to live and work in Central America—Immediate Opportunity to Use Your Talents for Social Change: ArtCorps seeks performing or visual artist to work with our newest partner organization, CARE, in Honduras in 2011. ArtCorps is a unique opportunity for artists to receive training in Art for Social Action, gain valuable experience in sustainable development and contribute to grassroots change in Central America.
ArtCorps Artists receive room and board, medical insurance, a small personal stipend and a budget for project materials. They also receive technical assistance from ArtCorps staff in the region. Applicants should be available to begin during the first quarter of the year and work for twelve months. Visit our website to learn more and apply: http://artcorp.org/Volunteer-
(ALL) Bogliasco Fellowships—Fellowships at the Bogliasco Study Center in Luguria, Italy are awarded, without regard to nationality, to qualified persons doing advanced creative work or scholarly research in the following disciplines: archaeology, architecture, classics, dance, film or video, history, landscape architecture, literature, music, philosophy, theatre, visual arts in the arts.
Applicants for Fellowships are expected to demonstrate significant achievement in their disciplines, commensurate with their age and experience. In addition, they must submit descriptions of the projects that they intend to pursue in Bogliasco. An approved project is presumed to lead to the completion of an artistic, literary, or scholarly work, followed by publication, performance, exhibition, or other public presentation.
Approximately 50 Bogliasco Fellowships are awarded each year. They are scheduled during the two semesters of the traditional academic year. Fellowships usually have a duration of one month (30-31 days). In some circumstances, half-semester residencies (47 days) may be awarded with special approval of the Bogliasco Foundation Board of Trustees. April 15th is next deadline. For more info, go to: http://www.bfny.org/english/fellowships.cfm
(ARTISTS) ComPeung Grant for Residency in Thailand—We are calling for applications for 2 one month ComPeung AiR artist grants for 2011. The two residencies are scheduled for September/October 2011. Each of the grants cover:
* Air ticket to/from artist’s home country
* Transportation to/from Chiang Mai International Airport
* Small artist fee
* 3 home-cooked meals per day
Interested artists are to apply online only by providing:
* ComPeung Application Form (please email for application form: [email protected] )
* Preliminary proposal of her/his work or project to be undertaken during the grant residency
* Curriculum Vitae (2 pages A4)
* Max 10 images of the work
* Links to sound, video/animation work and/or artist websites
All documents are to be merged into a single pdf file (not exceeding 5 MB).
Disciplines & Media (open list)
* Visual Arts, Media, Architecture, Performing Arts, Literature, Music
Grant application deadline: 31 March 2011. Late applications won’t be considered. Applications are be sent to: [email protected]
Grant notifications will be emailed by end of May 2011.
(NYC ARTISTS) Please check out this great organization in Staten Island that offers opportunities and grants for NY artists: http://statenislandarts.org/ They are also seeking teams of artists to register to participate in an event in coordination with Second Saturdays - a fringe art walk in the area near the ferry. The winning team receives $400. For more information or visit www.lumenfest.org.